Monday 27 July 2009

Hello from Superior City

(Dad fishing in St. Martins -- notice the Inukshuks on the beach)

Well, we're back in Superior City (what I call Fredericton). We made it through the storm of the century at Century Farm Campground on Friday night, with high winds, torrential rains and power outage included. We cloistered ourselves in the RV with Jack and Afton and Brenda. Saturday morning the rain stopped and we spent the day getting ready to pull up stakes. We had a wonderful stay at Century Farm, and I thank the Century Farmers, Linda and Byard, for their hospitality. If we can, we would like to go back this year.

Jack and Afton left last evening and joined sister Ivy, who went to Freeport for a music concert. She's a going concern now, at 16 months old. She looks just like Cindy Lou from the Grinch Who Stole Christmas.

This morning, I went to see my physiotherapist. We talked about suffering and she wondered how I have been able to get through these past few months. We talked about the help of God, the suffering of Jesus and how He gained courage from his Garden of Gethsemane experience. And that what we need to go through suffering is courage. She gave me wise counsel, and made me cry when she said I was an example to her. Here I am, underneath a white sheet on the therapy table, crying away -- receiving physical therapy and emotional therapy. Thanks, E.

I've been thinking of courage today and what we talked about. We need daily courage to make it through -- courage that is from God above.

This Friday, I see Dr. Raza, the oncologist. Thursday is a blood test. After my meeting with the doctor, Doug and I will saddle up the van with a futon in back, and take off for northern Manitoba. The wild west, here we come. An adventure. I'm trying to pack light, but is that possible, when I've had my whole closet with me in the RV? Packing light -- now there's a challenge. Help!

Doug is going to make screens for the van windows so we can stay at campgrounds at night and not have the bugs eat us alive. We'd like to find a 12 volt fridge to take as well, so we could eat most of our meals on the road. It is our plan to travel through the states and up into Manitoba. Four days should do it, we hope! And if I get tired, I can flop out on the bed in the back.

Well, Mom and Brenda have prepared a meal again, so must go eat. Brenda goes home to the Southshore tomorrow. She's been such a help again to me -- I wish she lived here. I asked her to help me rearrange the living room -- I want to rearrange everything in my life right now. Perhaps I'll settle down soon, but for now, I must travel.

Please pray for my upcoming doctor's appointment and that a clean bill of health is what I have! A sign on a church sign this morning said this: "It's a GO, PTL." I agree == It's a Go -- my life will go on and we will go out west.

No comments: