Monday 6 July 2009

I Love My Bike!

Today was a good day. Visited Jessica and had lunch, then picked up a few groceries. Went to my family doctor and had him look at a mole on my neck. Funny how you get kind of paranoid about things, isn't it? He also checked out my breathing and told me to stay on the inhaler for another week. To the library to renew a book I've been reading about a woman chaplain who had breast cancer; can't seem to get the thing read (might have something to do with the fact that I read about five books at a time). Then I went to the Fredericton Indoor Pool to watch Jadon, Janette's son, have a swimming lesson (he's 4). Also made a stop at Marge's, where Janet White #1 was helping her mom houseclean. Janet hadn't seen me for two weeks and loves my hair, and thinks I should keep it this way. I've had a request to put a pic of my head on-line, so perhaps I'll do that in a few minutes (if I remember, that is).

I made supper for Doug and created a wonderful tasting sauce for fish, that I wrote down in case I can't recreate it. Perhaps I should open a cafe. I told Brenda on the weekend that we should open one (if I lived in the same town, that is), but she didn't think she could handle the stress of it all. And yes, owning a cafe and having people in for cafe is a lot different, isn't it? But one can dream. I really don't know what I want to do when I grow up.

Tonight, Matthew (my 14-year-old friend from next door) went biking. It was my FIRST time on my bike this year -- Doug shined it up and serviced it this afternoon. We had a great ride -- I always feel like it's my version of a motorcycle or a horse. What a sense of freedom I feel on a bike. I think I've given up the motorcycle desire; heard about yet another accident the other day. So, biking it is. Oh, it felt so wonderful to feel my leg muscles tense up and my heart rate rise. I'm getting ready to exercise at a higher level, I can feel it. Before you know it, I'll be able to run -- and start training for the October 4th breast cancer run. Anyone want to join me?

Well, I must go see if I can take a picture of my head. Doug trimmed it up last night with his trimmer (he thinks he's my hairdresser now). Let me know what you think.

!Deb, Biker

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just look wonderful Debbie! Your skin color is fantastic. I want to thank you so much for writing, and sharing all this with us. You definitely should look into being a writer when you grow up, you are so good at it. Take care. Love,

Flic Flac mom and the girls.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your hair!!!!

Love, Angie

Anonymous said...

Love your hair - very attractive! Doug is a good hairdresser, I think you should keep him!

And you can be WHATEVER you would like to be when you grow up!

Enjoy your bike!
love you
laurie

Anonymous said...

I really need to get bike riding again, but so hard when I have 2 little ones to take care of!
The hair looks great! Definitely grown since I saw you at Wendy's.

Krist