Tuesday 21 July 2009

It's Friday, July 17th. I am sitting here in the lounge/laundry house at Century Farm Campground waiting for my laundry to launder. The internet is still down, so it's hard to say when this blog entry will be posted, but I'll write it anyway. It's raining, it's raining, and the old woman isn't snoring (me). She went to bed and bumped her head on the breakfast table this morning. Had a beautiful thunderstorm in the night, and the sound of the rain was so soothing. Max stopped by a few minutes ago and wonders what we'll do today. We watched a movie at my place last night, so perhaps we'll play a game or two. We're having a cribbage tournament with Mom and Dad; Max and I are two up on them. Today will determine the winner.

Dad has been fishing in the inlet all week and has caught a few fish which they dutifully ate. He is obsessed with fishing. Mom has only lost him once; he seems to be getting his bearings. He's going fishing in the rain. Well, I guess if you can sing in the rain, you can fish in the rain.

Nurse Cherry came on Tuesday and stayed overnight. We walked, sat on the beach, ate together and enjoyed campfire til midnight. The stars have been so beautiful here. Doug came down on Wednesday night and stayed overnight, traveling back to work on Thursday morning. He's coming down with Dale tonight. Old Home Week starts today here in St. Martins. There's a fiddle concert I'd like to take in tonight – if I remember.

I've been out running a couple of times this week – along the marsh and back up the beach. Does it ever feel good to run. And Max and I have been walking the park quite vehemently (have you ever seen a vehement walker?). I haven't been out on my bike this week yet, and want to make Max bike with me, but I don't know whether I can convince her to bike in the rain or not. Maybe tomorrow.

I spent every morning working on our ministry's government return. Max made me work every morning until I got it done. I posted it yesterday at the St. Martins post office. It was 16 days late, however, I had permission from one of the directors at Revenue Canada, after telling him what I've been through this past few months. It was a miracle that I was able to talk to a director on a Friday afternoon at 4:15. I was given grace. Thanks for pushing me Max.

We decided that we're going to drive out west after my doctor's appointment on July 31st and stay a month. Doug found out the other day that he has enough vacation (we didn't think this was so). We will put a mattress in the back, pack a cooler, toaster, coffee pot and stay at campsites, just like we did on our honeymoon 31 years ago. Then we traveled through Cape Breton and over to PEI in four days. This honeymoon will be a lot more miles but perhaps the same amount of days and we'll end up with the reward of being with Natalie, Josh and Aiden. An adventure – to celebrate my 50th birthday. What better way to celebrate than to be with family? I'm looking forward to having time with Nat's community of friends as well – they have been such a support to me through this time.

Well, my wash is now in the dryer. Max and Mom are sitting in the other room chatting up a storm. We're going to resume the crib tournament after lunch. That way we can keep Dad busy until the sun comes out. Brenda comes next week, and perhaps Jessica and Nurse Cherry again. Never know, maybe a visit from Q as well.


 

No comments: