Thursday 9 July 2009

Rest Period

I spent the morning packing the truck for St. Martins, and stewed up some rhubarb on the side. Yum! Nothing like it on toast or ice cream...the weed of the lawn, so to speak.

Went up to Jessica's cottage on Davidson Lake this afternoon. We pedaled around the lake in the boat built for two. Sometimes I took a break and Jessica pedaled for me. I sat on the deck for a couple of hours and finished the book I borrowed from the Saint John Library on Nurse Cherry's card (don't worry, Cherry, I renewed it the other day; taking it back tomorrow). It was about a woman chaplain in Washington state who battled breast cancer. She has quite a sense of humour, to say the least.

This evening, Linda dropped by for a visit and then Kim from Campobello visited. It was nice to see them both and catch up. I'm playing telephone tag with Natalie again, so I decided to bounce on the trampoline (it's good for your lymph nodes). Doug grabbed the phone and is talking to Jonathan, so who knows when I'll talk to Nat. I need to go to bed!

Tomorrow morning I go for another lymphatic massage, whatever that is. Doesn't feel like much, as I said. Perhaps I'll ask her to do something that hurts instead. At least it would seem like I'm getting my money's worth. Cousin Els is coming over at lunch time with a phlox to plant in my garden, and then we will go have tea with her mother up the road and tour her garden. I've never met Cousin Els' mother. I've always admired the geraniums in her window.

St. Martins here I come! Doug is staying with me for the weekend and then he's coming back home to work. Mom and Dad are coming down with their trailer on Monday (I figure we'll be able to keep track of Dad this time because we'll be able to see him on the beach, and there's only one main street in St. Martins). I can't wait to use my Quaco library card (Quaco is the region of St. Martins, but I just like to say the word). Maxine will join me mid-week, and I hope to beat her at cribbage. Doug told me he is going to bring my prosthetic to me when it arrives in Fredericton. I told him not to bother because I'm so used to living lopsided. Doug is a tease sometimes. And I'm not. (NOT!)

So, I'll update you from St. Martins -- a new seaside adventure -- another southshore adventure. I love the coast. I love the ocean. I love the sun. I love the Son.

No comments: