Wednesday 29 July 2009

ZZZZ's

"Z" seems to be the letter of the day. Went to Zellers this morning to buy a cheap toaster for our trip, but took a side trip to Northern Reflections and bought a few clothes on sale for the trip. Brenda and I know how to shop quickly, as she was preparing to go back to the Southshore this morning. After our shopping expedition, we went over to where Mom was getting her hair done by Zelda. Got to meet Zelda, and she trimmed my sideburns (do women have sideburns?), and cleaned up my hairline. She liked my hair, so that was a bonus. I seem to get a lot of comments on my hair lately. Someone told me that people pay a lot of money to get hair that looks like mine.

I spent the rest of the day doing errands and a stop over at S's house, where C talked and prayed for me. Oh, I still need encouragement and prayer. Never realized this journey of mine was so complex and such a struggle. But God sends people when I need them, to help me. Spent some time this evening with Janet White #2 and Matthew, and then Robin & Erin came to visit, and we had a grand time talking on the verandah, until we couldn't see each other anymore. Hopped in Robin's new car and went to DQ for a Zundae. Into the house until midnight, threw a football at Erin, and listened to Robin sing a song, while Doug did some Z's in the chair. Now it's time for me to get some Z's.

Tomorrow morning, Matthew and I are going raspberry picking, and in the afternoon a former student of mine is coming to visit.

I'm off to Z land now....

No comments: