Sunday 7 February 2010

Baby HOPE and Survivor Weekend

Hi -- just got back from an AMAZING weekend at Greenhill Lake Camp, where I spoke on being "More than a Survivor, More Than a Conqueror." Love, laughter and living filled the weekend -- it was like being on the Survivor Show. I called it "Survivor:Life." We laughed, cried, participated in many challenges, sang our hearts out, and encouraged each other. We had a blast! You really had to be there. If I described it to you, you would think I was a bit out of my mind! Sleepless and hungry for most of the weekend, I poured my heart into the assignment God gave me to do there this weekend -- teach the women how to survive life, and what I have learned over these almost 32 years of marriage, and all the things we as a couple have survived. I thank all of you who attended and made the commitment to come -- I pray that you were blessed above and beyond!. And those of you who helped in ANY way -- thank you. You will get your reward, and probably already have! I even took my football with me and made a few touchdowns. The women also learned how geese fly in formation and their unusual way of communicating with each other. Those of you who were there know what I mean. How could we ever describe it for our readers?

The Superbowl is now on, and I am laying back in the Lazy Boy with a bowl of popcorn. It's going to be an awesome game, for sure but not at all as exciting as what the weekend was. I love football, as you know -- TOUCHDOWN!

Please remember Jaylene and Stefan from Campobello, as they go to the doctor tomorrow. Pray for Baby Hope, yet unborn -- that ALL IS WELL with her. Pray for peace for this family, and that they receive the answers they're hoping for. HOPE for HOPE.

I will post some things from the weekend on the blog when I get my head on right. It's a bit tired, but I'm sure I'll be revived after watching the Superbowl!

ALL IS WELL
I'M STILL STANDIN'
THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE
THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Have fun tonight, everyone!

5 comments:

Amanda A. said...

Deb, thank you so much for allowing God to use you to love and encourage women the way that you do. You have been such a blessing to me this weekend, and I'm so thankful to have had the opportunity to meet you, for you are a rare beauty, with eyes that shine bright with hope, a smile that beams acceptance and love, but most importantly, a heart like His. You are a true inspiration.

Thank you for being raw and real. May God continue to bless you and use you in ways you never dreamed...

Thank you Deb.

Amanda Austin


ALL IS WELL
I'M STILL STANDIN'
THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE
THIS TOO SHALL PASS



Honk, honk, honk, honk! lol :D

Unknown said...

What a wonderful weekend we had. I just loved seeing you praising God with your all and bringing us along.
I am still just brimming with joy today. i am listening to the Soul Cafe so that helps too. Come visit the chicks again soon ! You scored a Touchdown for sure ! Honk Honk !

Unknown said...

What a wonderful weekend we had. I just loved seeing you praising God with your all and bringing us along.
I am still just brimming with joy today. i am listening to the Soul Cafe so that helps too. Come visit the chicks again soon ! You scored a Touchdown for sure ! Honk Honk !

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your encouragement!

Deb
HONK HONK

Anonymous said...

I'm VERY glad that I was able to go, even though it was a bit last minute. It was well needed.

Love ya,
Krista