Tuesday 16 February 2010

Jet Plane

Natalie and Aiden are leaving on jet plane at 5:30 AM out of Fredericton airport. They will have a VERY long day, with a seven hour lay-over in Winnipeg, before boarding 'Calm Air,' for the flight to Flin Flon and finally The Pas, Manitoba. She is anxious to get home to see RCMP man husband Josh, but sad to leave us. I put Aiden to bed tonight and cried while lovin' on him. I kept asking him over and over, "Do you love Gram Deb?" "Yah," he responded, nodding his head and smiling at me with a smile that would melt the coldest heart (mine has completely melted). I finally had to put him in his crib before I broke down completely. I watched Natalie pack and generally wandered around the house wondering what to do. After she was packed, we prayed together as we always do the night before we part, and cried again. It never gets any easier.

We will get up in the middle of the night to get to the airport in time. I don't plan on going; it's too hard, although I may change my mind in the morning. Please pray for journeying mercies for them -- that Aiden will not be cranky, get lots of sleep and be a joy to be around. That Natalie would be calm, cool and collected. Pray for our emotions as well, and that God will give us another opportunity to be together again. Doug and I have absolutely loved having them here again (during good circumstances this time. We are truly blessed. Night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for journey mercies for Nat and Aiden!

Love to all,

S.S. Sis (Aunt)

Anonymous said...

Will pray for safe and calm travels for them, and that you will be able to see each other again soon!

Krista

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm hoping they are already home by now, just saw you wrote that last night.

Krista