Wednesday 3 February 2010

National Carrot Cake Day

This week has been busy, for sure. Just finished a long day -- radio show, a workout at the gym (I worked out on the stationary bike while reviewing my notes for the weekend; Nat had a major workout). Taught children music at the house til 6, while watching a carrot cake and corn muffins bake. Today is National Carrot Cake Day, so decided to make Doug a carrot cake (Canadianliving.com -- the best carrot cake in Canada, supposedly). Nat put the majority of it together, as I had to teach all my wonderful students. The house was filled with chillun' and cookin' today. All I did was grate the carrots and whipped up the cream cheese icing. Nat & Doug and Aiden said it tastes great. I think Doug is going to make a carrot cake delivery in the morning to my radio host colleague, Rick Green, who also loves carrot cake. A drive-by carrot cake drop-off before he goes to work, I think. I can't eat it, of course, but what else is new? Sometimes I get tired of not being able to eat what everyone else can eat, but I guess there are worse things in life, right? Sometimes it's a blessing in disguise not to eat what others eat, but it sure would be nice once in awhile.

Aiden is SO cute and we are really enjoying their stay. The house is full of toys and I'm always running into and tripping over toys, but I love it. Nat misses Josh, of course. We miss Josh, too. Wish they lived closer. She's here two more weeks, and we will miss them once again. I wish Canada was smaller.

We watched a good movie tonight -- ""Love Happens," -- about love and grief. Would recommend it. Thought I was going to review my notes for the weekend, but that will take care of itself. I have spoken on being a survivor in life many times, and have so much material, it's hard to know what will come out of my mouth. God knows. I think I could write a book on the stuff I have gone through and written down. I compiled a list of 50 Survival Tactics which will be a handout. Perhaps I could type it on the blog. If you're interested, let me know.

Well, I must go and mix up some grapefruit juice and tonic water. It's actually very refreshing. Just discovered it tonight.

My wrists and hands are driving me crazy, but I'm still typing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmm, sounds delicious! You should bring some to camp. ;)

Krista