Thursday 25 February 2010

Thursday

This morning I received a call from Dawn Marie Allaby, telling me that her father passed away yesterday. Our prayers are with you, Dawn. She asked me to play at his funeral in St. Martins on Saturday, and of course, I said "Yes."

Then I had a call this afternoon from my mother telling me that Laura Smith died this morning. Laura was a pillar in the church I grew up in. So I guess I will be participating in a couple of funerals this weekend, no doubt.

Tonight at George Street Middle School is a benefit concert for Haiti. I will be playing in the 'rock band' again, as we perform four songs. We have a name now: "Funktional Independence." If you're available, come out and hear us. 7 pm... I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did know about Dawn's dad, and am so sad for her and her family. :( Please give her a hug from me!
Sad about Laura Smith, though of course we know where she is. Though I didn't know her personally she was a very good friend of my grandmother's who passed away in 2000.

Krista