Sunday 14 February 2010

Happy Valentines Day

This weekend has been about love. Saturday morning found Nat and I at a valentine brunch organized by Doris at Smythe St Church. I told a love story about a man named Dan whom I fell in love with in 1976 (he later became my husband, Doug. I thought his name was Dan when I met him). Then I sang three love songs. Saturday afternoon found us in a van with Randy and Sandra, on our way to Nurse Cherry's house in Saint John, to join Cherry and Allan, and Shelly & David. They put on a Valentine spread for us. We were stuffed and almost rolled home. We had an old fashioned sing song in the living room. Gaither style.

This morning found us at church, where we were in love with God and each other. A wonderful sense of love permeated the place. This afternoon found us at home again with our family and all our children and grandchildren (except RCMP man, Josh). The kids wreaked havoc all over the house, and once again, I loved it and loved on them. After ordering Greco pizza, and spinach salad with goat cheese, I let the children play with bowls, measuring cups, whisks, measuring spoons, and they 'cooked' up a storm. I called it "Baby Iron Chef." The water was flying everywhere, and the floor was soaked, but we used many towels to soak up the water, and they had a blast. Creative water play on Gram Deb's floor. I needed to wash my kitchen floor, just didn't know I was going to use 'baby play' to do same.

Well, congratulations goes to Pierre of Canada, who just won a gold medal in men's mogul skiing! The first gold medal in Canada by a Canadian! GO CANADA GO!

Two more days til Natalie & Aiden lift off for Manitoba. Pray for our heart strings...

No comments: