Thursday 11 February 2010

Willie Wonka

I'm talking about Willie Wonka again. But this time, this year, it's about the Leo Hayes High School musical production, which I saw tonight at The Playhouse. Went with Margie, whose son, Ryan was playing the piano for the whole musical. He was one of my piano students for years (He isn't now; he was too smart for me, and I had to send him on to another teacher). I also had other students and former students in the play: Leah Thompson, Lianne Burrell, Bridget Pyke, Charlotte Pyke, Shae McCarthy, Katie Cunningham, Victoria Ross (I'm sure there's more, I just can't think straight).

Anyway, it was great to be watching Willie Wonka instead of walking around it last year (for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about: I called Willie O'Ree Place -- 'Willie Wonka' last year, which has a walking track. It was very therapeutic during my chemotherapy months).

I would much rather watch the Willie Wonka play any day than go through chemo. Bless the Lord.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Margie, who works at Dr. Plummer's office?
Sounds like a wonderful play. :)

Krista

Anonymous said...

Yes, Margie! She is Ryan's mother. Ryan is one of my star students!

Anonymous said...

How neat! I adore Margie, she is soo sweet! Dr. Plummer is our family doctor.