Tuesday 9 February 2010

Two Poems from My Friend, Megan Flower

YOU ARE THERE

Like a hot air balloon
That doesn’t know where it will land
I’ve come to a place in my life
Where I do not know my future plans
It doesn’t feel fair
And most of all
I feel that no one cares
No one understands
Why have you left me alone?
Why have you left me?
So shattered and unsure
A struggling hand of cards
In this life I have been dealt
Causing me and my emotions
To be insecure and melt
The future is unclear
But I know God’s hand will steer
Jesus takes the wheel
And helps me with the things I feel
Every emotion is truly heartfelt
Sometimes I keep it together
Sometimes I cannot
But I couldn’t do this without you
Without your love to see me through
You know the plans you have for me
They are written in your book
Please help it be to you that
I continuously look
Be the lighthouse
In this world of sin
And help me know
Just where to begin
The one thing I cannot do
Is make it through without you
I am truly glad to know
I do not have to for
I remember the footprints
‘Though I think I am alone
You are carrying me


You are there
January 31, 2010
Megan Flower

No comments: