Tuesday 4 January 2011

Waiting Room, Anyone?

Spent most of the day in waiting rooms waiting for doctors. This afternoon in Dr. T's office (my family doc). I've had hives for the past week and don't know why. Waited for over an hour to see Dr. T. Gave me a prescription for a stronger than Benadryl drug (hydroxyzine) to help with the incessant itching all over my body. And something for my toenails as well -- apparently a fungus has attached itself to my toes! I'm supposed to 'lacquer' them for the next six months! Ergh....

I took off on foot from Kings Place after those diagnoses, and hoofed it to Sobey's on Regent Street where I bought groceries, then called Doug to come and get me and take me up to the hospital, where I waited for another hour and a half to basically have Dr. Menesi (my Plastic doc) slap a steristrip on my left surgery hand and say, see you in two weeks, don't lift or pull, be careful.

But at least I can start to drive again. I just took my anti-itch med and it causes drowsiness, so I'm hoping for a fantastic sleep without itching. The doc told me that it usually is from shellfish or peanuts or antibiotics. I finished up a course of pencillin last Monday which was prescribed for my carpal tunnel surgery, and I ate one shrimp the same day, which was a first in my life. So, maybe the penicillin, maybe the shrimp. Whatever it is, it is painful and itchy. Pray for me -- that all will be healed in my body.

But at least I got to have a shower tonight without my hand bagged up. All is well.

No comments: