Monday 26 October 2009

Brenda J. came for coffee this morning. She leaves for Florida this Sunday. Lucky gal. For five months! Have fun, B. Arrived at the radio station at 11:30. Ross saw me and said, "Oh, there you are, come in here and do the commercial." So I did. I read it through once, then a sound check, then once through and after a couple of tips from Ross, it was a go. He said it was perfect and that I had a great 'female voice.' Glad to know that, considering I am a female. I went out and asked Gord, "Well, boss, what's next?" (How did I get here anyway?) He had me start working on the 8,000 song database. I updated 27 songs and artists, listening and researching on the internet for tidbits of info that I could put in the database so that the DJ can have information at his/her fingertips. I also get to know the artists this way when I do my own show (smile)… Before I left, Gord asked me if I was still interested in having a weekly praise show of my own. I said yes, of course, not knowing why, but I think this has been a dream of mine. So, he told me to take it and run with it. I think I'll call it The Soul Café. And the live events I'll call The Soul Café Live. Now I have to brainstorm and pray about this new venture. I'll let you know when it's up and running.

Pray about my mammo tomorrow morning: 8:45…thanks everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and Stuart McLean will have similar shows...you can tell funny stories about Charlene (is that right?) and Anna McGoldrick. What a hoot! The Christian Version of the Vinyl Cafe!
-Angie

Anonymous said...

Very cool Deb! I will have to start listening to Joy FM more again. :)
Hope all went well this morning...

Krista