Friday 30 October 2009

WED/THURSDAY

Wednesday and Thursday was a flurry of activity. The kitchen was filled with homemade soup, pans of apple crumble, and the house was filled with students all day. Thursday I went to Greenhill Lake Camp with the soup/crumble combo, and prepared lunch. And later, prepared chicken chop suey and pineapple chicken, carrots and squash, along with Jessica, to feed upwards of 20 Bahamian women. It was a blast, and I felt like I was on the Iron Chef TV program, racing against the clock. But it worked out great and all were filled and satisfied. But my feet! Oh, pain! Doug prepared a foot bath for his tired wife when she got home.

This morning I'm packing for the weekend and will disappear to Greenhill Lake for the weekend, where I will do registration, listen to Anne Grant, cook, perhaps sing, and get a bit of sleep. It will be nice to see everyone who attends, and get away for a weekend. I am thankful that I am able to do so much, but I must learn how to pace myself. You've always had this problem, haven't you !Deb?

PS: The other day I was offered a daily 'thought' program on CJRI, so will begin working on that (I think I may call it "Stay in Tune" Appropriate, perhaps, considering my musical background?). The half hour show I told you about (which I hope to call "Soul Cafe") I am still developing and will do it when I have it planned. You can tune it to 104.5 or cjri.fm.

Stay in Tune

No comments: