Sunday 25 October 2009

The Soul Cafe

It's been another full day, but another good one. Oh, I love good days, don't you? Church and leading the music this morning, out to lunch at Jack & Andy's (it's becoming a fav place) with Anne & Laurel. Reg & Lin, AJ& Betty were there, too and hugs were given all around. Good to see them again. Remember AJ's soup – how addicted I was to it this past winter during my chemo treatments? Perhaps he'll think to bring me a flask of soup or something sometime. Just in case he's reading, I'm still eating soup.

Stopped at the radio station on the way home to give them an announcement for tonight's event, and they put me on the radio! You never know what's going to happen to you, do you? It was fun. Came home and prepared for the evening at The Soul Café, which I did at Morning Gate Church, since our home is a bit small for a larger crowd. We had a good number there – upwards of 30, I think. We sang and sang and rested in the love of God. A time of refreshing, and I was refreshed. I hope others were, too.

Well, it's 10 o'clock and time for the PJs once again. I've not had a rest today, so hoping for a good one. Tomorrow I go to the radio station to work on a commercial and who knows what else. Today, Barry asked me if I'd come in and play the piano some Saturday morning on his live show. Now that's a stretch, but I guess it wouldn't be any different than this evening, where I played live for 2 hours. Just a wider audience, I guess. All around the world. Check out CJRI FM – you might just hear me doing a commercial or some other such thing. The other day, M. asked me to read the children's story I wrote on her radio show ("The Princess & the Cowboy"). And Gord asked me to start working on the song database so I can familiarize myself with the music, in preparation for my own show. Now slow down a bit! I feel like I'm on a fast track or something. This past week has included an orphanage in Romania/Moldova; radio station work; The Soul Café, transcription services for doctors, and flu shot mania. I don't know where to turn next, and yes, Mom, I'm taking it easy, or at least trying to. One thing at a time, and one day at a time. It's like God is opening doors everywhere and opening up my dreams. I pray that I will honor and bless Him in all I do.

No comments: