Tuesday 13 October 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

Well, the weekend WAS a blast! The farm on the hill where my grandparents lived was filled with all sorts of activities all weekend. Music at the Pirate's house, with hospitality extraordinaire by Miss Marie (Pirate's wife), picking apples at an organic tree farm in Knowlesville, horseshoes, washers, Kuubb (Norwegian game), Hailey Over, an amazing turkey dinner at the homestead (we had 32 people there on Saturday night), "Capture the Flag" games around Cuz Wayne's yard (you should see Doug's bruise where Stephen stepped on him with cleats), a bonfire, more snacking at the Pirate's house, singing in church on Sunday morning, an afternoon BBQ, walking the fields, health care by Mary Beth, Medicine Woman (another cousin), more music at the Pirate's and more food and on and on. We arrived back home on Monday night weary and raving about the awesome time we had. Family is so important to me, and even more so now.

Dr. Broad called me this morning with the results of my white blood cell test -- it remained the same as last time -- 2.7. Weird. And I've been eating roast beef like crazy. She's going to test it on Nov. 10th again (which is the date of my diagnosis last year). She said my platelets and hemoglobin (red blood cells) were good (13.2). So, keep praying. I had a dream that it went to 5.1 (I may have told you this last week).

This morning I went to Saffire and endured her training yet again. She says it doesn't look like I sweat, but I do -- it's a real workout for me. I just 'perspire,' not 'sweat,' I guess. I'm a lady. I would rather stay home and not exercise, but I really want to be healthy, so I force my body to be my slave. Discipline is difficult, isn't it? But in the end it reaps a reward of sorts. Now I'm just being philosophical.

Went to choir tonight and sang my heart out (after teaching). I'm lung weary -- exercise exertion, talking while teaching and breathing during singing. Now I'm just being silly. Good night.

"The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want...."

No comments: