Sunday 18 October 2009

Some days are peaceful. This was one of those days – full of peace. Church this morning: leading music, teaching the high school class, meeting with friends. Went out to lunch with my boyfriend of 32 years at Frank's, stopped by to see J & Ph's house they are building in Penniac, and off for a long Sunday country drive. Should have taken my 'rolling luggage' along with me, just in case we decided to stop somewhere for the night. Although I haven't actually received the luggage yet – probably should stay home long enough for her to deliver it to me!

It was nice today because we didn't have a schedule or an agenda. A day of rest. Just me and my handsome boyfriend, traveling the country roads to see what we could see and where we would end up. We took roads we had never been on before. Stopped by Jessica's house to have a bit of a rest, a warm hug, and a peanut butter sandwich. Doug helped L. put a bookcase together. Now I'm on the couch soaking my sore feet again. I feel like an old woman when I walk, and I'm sure I look like one, too. But what, pray tell me is 'old' anyway? Isn't age relative? You're only as old as you feel, 'they' say, whoever 'they' is. Our family has been trying to find out for years who 'they' is. Anyway, I'm off track again.

Yesterday was the first day since I finished radiation that I actually felt like I just wanted to sit in a chair and relax for the day. Although I didn't. I always have good intentions for rest, but never follow through, it seems. I made banana breads and muffins instead and ended up having a short kitty nap before supper. So today it was nice to sit in the van and be taxied through the countryside.

Peace – if every day could be this peaceful. Peace starts in the heart, I guess, and we know where peace comes from. I try not to worry about the future, but am trying to live in the day.

No comments: