Sunday 4 October 2009

Team Dancing Queen -- Southern Division

It rained, and it poured, and it rained, and it poured some more! We walked five kms in the rain and the puddles and the mud!
(Becky, bless her heart, ran 5 km). It was an emotional day for me personally, as these people battled the rain storm with me and hundreds of others through the streets of Fredericton. And to realize that I made it this far. When I made it to the finish line I raised my hands in the air in victory. I made it! To walk this 5 km walk is nothing compared to what we've been through, and to see everyone walking in support of women survivors and non-survivors is very touching. We all went back to our house for snacks and conversation. Thank you EVERYONE -- who walked and who donated, and those of you who were with us in spirit. It was a great time and we were soaked! But one thing about it, we'll never forget it! The names of those who walked today on Team Dancing Queen Southern Division:

Angie Murphy (Team Captain), Deb & Doug, sister Brenda, sister Janet, Mom, Sandra Piercy, Kim Cook, Shelly McCready, Erica McCready, Jonathan Gilbey, Dawn Marie Allaby, Janette Alward, Doris Mersereau, Krista Rose, Kyla Weston & girls, Holly Phillips, Becky Horsman, Charlotte Miller, Janet White #2, Sarah White, Matthew White, Alicia MacDonald (Jon stayed home with Jack, Afton & Ivy) and Barbara Beck. I hope I haven't left anyone out, so if I did, please let me know! (Kyla & girls & Shelly & Erica and Jon Gilbey missing from pic).

A special thanks to Angie Murphy, our Team Captain -- you did a great job and we all appreciate your efforts on behalf of the team! Our team has raised over $7200. and counting. The Fredericton walk raised over $246,000. for research. Amazing!




























I'm waiting on Team Dancing Queen Northern Division's pictures and will post them once I receive them. They, too, had an awesome day. I feel so honored to have you all walking and standing with me -- those who walked, and those who have been standing by me this past year. God bless you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely a day I will never forget. :) I'm totally sore, as I'm not used to walking that long, but it was worth it! Now just hope I don't get a cold from being soaked! :P
Love you! (((hugs)))

Krista

Anonymous said...

It was our pleasure Deb, for all that you, and so many other women have been through, the least we could do was have water dumped on us for a couple of hours of our time...

awesome job on the fundraising!

Find the cure!!!!

sister Jan