Tuesday 13 July 2010

Greenhill Lake

Hi -- I'm at Greenhill Lake as camp pastor. Things are going well, and I am being my usual crazy self. Have been acting with the kids here at camp and pretending to be a shepherd, and using stuffed sheep and other assorted stuffed animals, as well as humans. Yesterday, Afton, who is 5, stayed the day with me and she helped out as Mary and her little lamb who followed her. Today I was a crazy shepherd and played the harmonica, sang a blues song, rescued Jonathan Gilbey, who acted as a sheep who fell down a ravine, and so on. It was as hot as Egypt by the time I was done.

Four boys came to know Jesus today, so God is working! And I'm hot and crazy still. I'm glad that God uses my unique ways to fulfill His purposes.

Thank you for praying, and I will try and update you by the end of the week.

PS: I also have swimmer's itch all over my body from my weekend swimming at East Grand Lake, as we celebrated son Jonathan's 30th birthday. Oh, by the way, Jonathan received his teenage dream. Yesterday, on his 30th, he bought a Eurovan a.k.a Westfalia, Volkswagen van. The kids love it and now I want one, too. Complete with fridge, pull out bed, table and enough seats for their growing family. They drove to Halifax to buy it yesterday. That's why I had Afton, and Jay & Holly kept Jack and Ivy for the day, and Jed & Granny put them to bed. Kids all over the place.

Kids all over the place here, too. Nurse Alicia is here as well, and is having a grand old time answering "Nurse Alicia, Nurse Alicia!" calls. Must go have a walk around the campground and see what 'trouble' I can get into. I just finished doing a puppet show with a pen for Janette's son, Jadon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful! Wish I could be there. Hope to get up to GHLC some day this summer...we will see.

Krista