Tuesday 6 July 2010

HOT!!!

OK, I want to be back in St. Martins. Linda, help!!!! Jed and Granny do, too. Monday found us at Davidson Lake for supper, couldn't take the heat of this inlandish city (like that word, all you wordsmiths out there? Perhaps you could use it in Scrabble). Well, I forgot my bathing suit, so after supper I donned Doris' summer shorts and t-shirt and in I went. We lazed around on pool noodles for an extraordinary amount of time until we were waterlogged. Doug slept on the floor in the cottage and Laurie read a book on Walt Disney. We stayed until sunset, and then Doug came home and built shelves in the RV so I have more dish space. A fan in the window on high blast, and we were off for the night, although it WAS 1 a.m. before I drifted off.

Today I have been flitting about hither and yon, trying to escape the heat here in my house. After the radio show, to Killarney Lake for a hot walk around the lake. To the Mop Top Hair Shop to try and book a hair appointment for my mop top. To coffee at Tim's with a friend. To Chapters, Staples, the theatre to inquire about tickets to Toy Story 3D. To the gym to put my membership on hold for the summer. To the Superstore to buy something that will help me sleep better now that I'm inland. A random meeting with Sonya, one of my music parents, who is undergoing her last chemo today. Hugs and tears. "You can do it! I did it! Look at my hair. Radiation is a piece of cake!" That kind of talk. Please pray for her. I know I encouraged her and we had a couple of hugs and I was off to the credit union to apply for a line of credit in case I see a Jeep I take a fancy to (I've left my name at a couple of places; I'm sure they think this woman is 'cra...zy' wanting a Jeep at HER age. Just look at that mop of hair she has!).

Oh well, on to the Mop Top Hair Shop -- not my usual hairdresser; a fill in, but she did a bang-up job, and I am very pleased. I even like the colour this time. She cut it, but not short. I kind of like this longish hair. Nat, if you could see me know. Now I know where you get all your curly hair. Speaking of Nat, I miss her and can't wait to see her, Aiden the Peanut and Joshua, RCMP man.

Hey Nat -- Dad and I felt like we had Josh close by the whole time in St. Martins, but can't reveal to you at this time why. It's another mystery.

Anyway, must go eat somewhere with Papa Doug.

Another prayer request -- Judy Finnamore is having a mastectomy on Thursday morning -- add her to your prayer list, too. This cancer ministry that we find ourselves in. And of course, Almira in Saint John Hospital, is having many struggles in her struggle with cancer. But OUR God is able to do MORE than we can HOPE or imagine, right?

Stay cool

!Deb

No comments: