Sunday 18 July 2010

I'm Home!

I finally got home from a fantastic week at Greenhill Lake Camp as Pastor Deb. What a week, which ended with me making my famous tuna slushie for the kids on Friday. Of course, I drank a glass full before letting them try it! Lots of new believers (32!), making my week, for sure. Doug and I stayed an extra day and had our own mini-retreat on Saturday, and packed it up on Saturday night, driving in to town and home for a short while, and then to Marysville, where we stayed the night on the Nashwaak Stream, parked in the Marysville Heritage Center parking lot! Today we came home and helped Jon fix his car, and tonight was back up to Davidson Lake to escape the heat of the city. This week I'm home and about the city, but you can probably bet that I won't be home much!

Natalie is coming home for six weeks -- arrives next Monday night the 26th, and she will be joining us as we travel to St Martins again this Saturday.

Doris is 60 this coming weekend, and we will be celebrating her birthday, so make sure you send her lots of cards and emails. dorismersereau@yahoo.ca. (Remember, she is the OT Director from last year).

I feel like I'm rambling, so must go call Nat and see how the little mama is doing. She is due next January, remember? And Alicia the end of November. I still can't believe it -- that there are so many grandkids running around.

I made a lot of new young friends at camp this week, and I think some of them might even be reading this blog -- so HI, TEENS!

Love you

Pastor Deb

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must have missed your announcement about Natalie being pregnant, but heard about it this past weekend! And also didn't know Alicia was pregnant. That is exciting. :)

Krista

PS
Going to keep bugging you until you come visit me. ;) Caleb is almost 2 months old already!

Anonymous said...

Hello Again

Thought I would continue my story on your e-mail.

Like I said on your blog....I was devistated to have lost my husband so quickly. Lymphoma is suppose to be the most treatable cancer....but after his 3rd chemo treatment they told us that something was kicking the treatment right out of his system. My husband was never a religious man and so I left the hospital that day and returned to our half finished retirement home that we were building at the time he took sick. The very next day I started sanding and staining log siding to keep myself from going crazy. I live in a very remote place and managed to stay here and keep myself busy for a year and a half. Then and old friend from my childhood e-mailed me to tell me that he had lost his dear wife to cancer as well. He knew that I would have been at the funeral but thought I must have been away and didn't know about it. He was right...I was visiting friends in Florida. During our time of helping each other with our grief we renewed our friendship and it has developed into a wonderful relationship. We not only laugh again but sometimes we cry as well. It was during one of our grieving sessions last week that I pulled out my diary to show him your note. Somewhere along the line I had written your address on the back of the paper 105 Clairmont Street. I notice he picked it up a few times to look at it...then went to get his i-phone...He had put the address in his i-phone and it was the same as what I had on my note from you. He looked at me so strange and said "I've been to this ladies house!" Imagine my amazment when he told me that he bought one of my Christmas gifts from you. A little fiddle that plays 4 tunes when you draw the bow over it's strings.
Please let me know if it was you he bought it from.....if so you have come into my life for the second time.

Debbie