Saturday 3 July 2010

Where Have I Been?

Why, I’m still in St. Martins at Century Farm Campground. Been so busy relaxing that I forgot to blog. I’m as mellow as a puddle, my friend Mary used to say. Not sure if she’s reading the blog anymore, but hey Mary, you should be here with us. You love it here. Miss you. I’ll have to find your email. Isn’t it strange when you lose track of someone? I’ve lost track of Mary. Actually, I’ve lost track of a lot of people, I’m sure. If you’re one of them, email me, will you? (debmac450@rogers.com).
Brenda, Luke and Aaron arrived on Wednesday and we’ve been busy walking, hiking, beaching, biking, eating, campfiring and playing Scrabble. As I reported on Tuesday, Mom beat me in the 5-game tournament we had. So we started the Brenda/Deb/Granny tourney – but only managed one game. Results: Granny again a winner with 227 (Deb 218; Brenda 177). Thursday found us scouting out Brown Beach, a hidden beach only known to locals (unless they tell you where it is). We’re considered local now, I think. I feel like I live here. Actually, wherever I find myself is where I feel like I live. “This world is not my home…”
Gran, Bren and I made our way to the miniature horse farm/garden/art store in West Quaco (just outside the village proper) to get some freshly picked salad greens, broccoli and art work. We decided not to buy a miniature horse, as we have no place to house one in the city, but we did have fun traipsing around the mini-droppings all over the property. On the way out to our car, we stopped by to look at the Swamp Woman, lying by a small pond of water. She is certainly a sight to see if you make it down this way.
Friday found us touring the Fundy trail, all the way to where we could not go any further. Each year, they build a little more trail. Hopefully in our lifetime, they’ll make it all the way to Alma, and the trail will be completed. It is like being in Cape Breton but different. The look-outs are amazing, looking out over the Bay of Fundy. If you come, make sure the brakes are working correctly on your vehicle. Last night’s game of Scrabble had another add-on: Max. She won, much to my angst. Her score? 152 (Deb 116; Brenda & Gran at 112). I told Max that she wouldn’t win the next game, but would have all vowels like I did this game.
Max and Dale showed up on Friday night, and we had a huge campfire with s’mores, chips, peanuts and singing. Today has been a day of lounging, walking to Huttges General Store (where I like to get Mr. Huttges’ take on the world; his rant, I call it), and a game of Scrabble. I won. My prophecy worked from the night before. Score? 257 (Gran 184; Max 142). And we’re not even Scrabbled out yet. It’s great using your brain, isn’t it?
Brenda and the boys left this morning. Boo hoo, I hate when she goes to the southshore. Making plans to go see her.
Nurse Cherry and Allan are here on the campground as well, treating their nephews/niece to a camping trip this weekend. Doug went to Sussex today to get their daughter, Katie at Circle Square, and to check out a few junkyards. Came back with an air breather for the Peterbilt truck, and he and Dale have been busy cleaning that.
Must go prepare supper/dinner. Icecreamville later, then an gynormus campfire on the beach, put on by the good folks here at the Campground AND then fireworks. Thanks, Byard and Linda for everything. We’re not leavin’ on a jet plane tomorrow, but firin’ up the RV and trudging back to city life for a week. However, I made a scheme this morning and booked the last week of the month to come down here again. Granny and Jed are coming, too. Well, actually, they’re going to leave their trailer here. They’ve put their name down for a seasonal. This place is a great place to be. Burger anyone?

No comments: