Wednesday 21 July 2010

Wednesday

This morning I went for a walk on the southside walking trail with C., one of the Bobbsey Twins. We always try and solve the world's problems and are pretty excited by the time we finish being together. Too bad we don't take action on what we talk about. Too busy, I guess, and solving the world is a bit beyond us. I took off to the Lighthouse Bookstore and bought some books, and then headed to Davidson Lake again to try and just sit and rest. Ended up going in the lake with Doris' old clothes on because I forgot my bathing suit. Headed back to town for hamburgers at Jed & Granny's. Then we went up to Doug's mother's and weeded my new garden. Jed & Gran helped me weed and worked on the lawn a bit. A real family affair. After visiting with Doug's mother awhile we drove home and visited with Janet & John White (#2), and Matthew on their new deck overlooking the river. We seem to have a hard time staying home and just flit in and out. If Cus C & W were up right now, we'd probably be over at their house, too, but I see the lights are out. Perhaps that's a sign I, too, should hit the sack, but I'm hungry, so no doubt toast or cereal is in order before retiring.

I'm trying to figure out how to live the 'teacher off in summer' routine, but struggling to just BE. Any suggestions out there? Since last year, I seize every opportunity I get to visit and DO stuff. Understandable, perhaps, but I seem to have to go away from the 'office' (my house) in order to relax, thus the continual travel I've been doing of late. Nurse Cherry comes tomorrow for a couple of days and we have some things planned. Perhaps I'll pretend we're in Europe and take her around the city to help her recuperate from her caregiving of Almira (in Saint John Hospital undergoing treatment).

Update on Judy F. -- she had a mastectomy. Mom was out to see her this afternoon. Things seem to be going well and she's awaiting the pathology report, so pray that all is well. Every day, I thank God above for His health and pray for health for others. We need to SEIZE the day, and most important -- seize His love for us.

Night...!Travel Bug Deb

2 comments:

Katie said...

I find downtown Fredericton (where those brick buildings/shops etc are) reminded me of London. Pretend you're in England and go out for tea with momma! :) (take good care of her, I miss her)

Suggestion for just BE-ing: find some water (as in a pond, lake, ocean) and sit by it. Look around. And listen. And don't do anything else, not singing, talking, humming, moving, anything. Just be. It's awesome :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Katie. I will do that -- today and tomorrow, along with some other things -- like ice cream at Skinnys and Toy Story 3D (I hope).

And I do love downtown Fredericton -- good idea -- a walk and some tea...Love you!

Deb