Monday 2 February 2009

2nd Chemo Treatment

It took awhile for the blood test results to come back this morning. I had blood taken at 8:30 and by 11:00, my last result came in. The minimum required for a certain aspect of the white blood cells to rise to was 1.5; mine came in at 1.49, so Dr. Raza signed the order and my second chemo treatment began. I breathed a sigh of relief and thanked God above, and all the people who are praying, I say "thank you, thank you!" He heard our prayers. I am home now, unloading the dishwasher. Feeling tired, but want to do a few things before I get in my jammies to settle down for awhile. Continue to pray that there is no nausea, and no side effects. I figure we can ask Him for whatever we want, and God just may grant it to us. He is full of mercy and compassion.

If at the end one can say,

"This man used to limit the powers that God granted him; he was worthy of love and respect and of the sacrifices of many people, made in order that he might achieve what he deemed to be his task,'

then that life has been lived well and there are no regrets. – Eleanor Roosevelt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"You can ask for anything in my Name, and I will do it, because the work of the Son brings glory to the Father. YES, ask anything in my name, and I WILL DO IT!" John 14:13,14
"Keep on asking, and you will be given what you ask for. Keep on looking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And the door is opened to everyone who knocks!" Matthew 7:7,8
"And we can be confident that he will listen to us whenever we ask Him for anything in line with His Will. And if we know He is listening when we make our requests, we can be sure that He will gives us what we ask for."
1 John 5:14,15

Our Father tells us to pray without ceasing...small prayers and big prayers! He never grows tired of us!

Actually, in Psalm 138:3 it says, "when I pray, you answer me; you encourage me by giving me the STRENGTH I need." and in Isaiah 65:24 we see our Lord eager to answer our prayers for the Bible says, "I will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking to me about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers!"

Deb, I just get so excited about the Word of God and God's promises to us. I pray that God's promises and the many prayers being lifted to the Lord's throne on your behalf are keeping you encouraged along this journey! Keep pressing on...there are many cheering you on--including me!