Thursday 19 February 2009

A quiet day. An alone day. Inside my house, entertaining myself, pretending I have a job. Worked out on the trampoline while watching the news coverage of President Obama's visit to Canada. Then did some Pilates for prenatal women (yes, you're reading this right. It was difficult!). I'm hurting everywhere these days -- my left shoulder, PICC line site, and mastectomy site, which aches most of the time. All I can say is that I'm glad I will have a new body someday! One that is restored and not aching. But at least I could exercise today, and climb a mountain yesterday. I sure am feeling the exercises in my body this evening, though!

My goals for today were exercise and completing my Passport application and another government form. I achieved these, and spent the rest of the time knitting and talking on the phone to Natalie and Janet White #1. Had little energy this afternoon. Doug arrived home bearing fiddlehead soup, cranberry bread and biscuits, compliments of R., who no doubt spent the whole day cooking for us. She also made Doug date squares which he had almost devoured by the time he walked through the door. Thanks for the meal, R. What a treat! She also sent me a chia pet. Funny. I can watch it grow hair and perhaps we'll have a competition on who can grow the most hair. I need to name her. Maybe Chia, how original. We had dinner, and then I played Scrabble with Jules and Mom on-line. It's part of the 'increasing my brainpower' exercises. I feel like I need to watch something comedic tonight, but Doug is watching Mike Holmes right now. Need some laughter tonight.

Tomorrow morning I go for blood test, then meet with the doctor to see if I can take chemo on Monday. Would appreciate your prayers. Will update you tomorrow. Must see if I can stand up now; I think I've seized up! I wonder if someday I'll be able to fit into my wedding dress. That would be a miracle.

No comments: