Saturday 21 February 2009

Saturday

This morning, Doug and I picked up Mom and Dad and went to RV World to check out the new RVs. Home for lunch, then over to The Playhouse for Alice in Wonderland, the Leo Hayes High School musical production. I had five students performing in it. It was very well done, and we were very impressed. A few laughs as well. The story of Alice is all mixed up, if you remember, and absolutely NOTHING makes sense in her 'dream.' It reminded me of my life right now. Nothing makes sense – nothing. Perhaps I'll wake up and this will all be a dream. We stayed afterwards to greet my students. I was so excited to see them, and they greeted me with intense hugs of love. They are part of my family – like my grandchildren – and I am very proud of them. I miss my students so much. My heart was bursting as I watched them sing, dance and act.

Doug and I then went to Killarney Lake for the Pond Hockey Tournament. We stopped by the York Foundation booth for hot chocolate and a beaver tail for Doug. We didn't see President Obama, though. Perhaps he was on Air Force One by that time. Max, M.K. and Joline were working in the tent, flour flying everywhere as they made beaver tails. We hovered around the tent for awhile, walked the perimeter of the ice rinks, then to Shoppers for more drugs for me to take. Oh joy. Soon there will be a day when we won't have to take drugs – God will make it all better.

We're going to watch "The Express," a true story of a real hero – Ernie Davis overcame impossible odds to become the first African-American to win college football's greatest honour – the Heisman Trophy. Did you notice that it's yet another football movie? Have I mentioned I love football before?

The Pirate emailed me and told me that new research shows that breathing oxygen through a mask seems to help with increasing white blood cell counts. Now where can I get an oxygen tank tonight? I guess I'll just take deep breaths while watching the movie.

No comments: