Friday 13 February 2009

Ouch!

My prickly head wakes me up at night. All the cactus hairs stick into my feather pillow, and the feather pillow bites back. Both of them fight against each other until they jerk me awake every couple of hours. So, I search the bed for my sleep cap and go back to slumberland. Shortly thereafter, a hot flash arrives in town, shoots me in the head, and I jerk that baby right off again. Round and round the bed we go: hats flying, pillows being flipped and shaped, bedsheets flying all night long. I call it "Bed Wars." It's a wonder Mr. Doug can actually sleep through it all. But he's been able to sleep through anything over the years. He always said he could sleep on a clothesline, and I believe it. I think that even if I got up during one of my flashes, went outside and started up our transport truck, revved it as high as it would go, and drove it through the bedroom that he would continue to snore on and on and on. Oh, to be able to sleep, what a gift that is if you are privileged enough to have it. If someone could box up sleep and give to me, I would accept it and use it. Thank you God, for another day! I'm alive and well, even if I never sleep well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should get another kind of pillow, not a feather one. :)

Krista