Friday 27 February 2009

I can always tell when it's chemo week. I don't feel like doing anything. Sitting, lying down, resting, listening. Had a rough night's sleep; got up at 6 a.m. Woke up with an idea of teaching a series on "Being More than a Survivor," and how we can survive through hard things. Spent three hours in the kitchen doing word puzzles and devotions. Then watched a few Christian programs on TV. I did this yesterday as well – spent the whole morning in my chair til noon. How often can one sit in a chair and watch TV in the morning? Except when laid by on a bed of sickness? Or when you know you must just be still and know that He is God, because that's all you know right now.

The sun just came out – good. Nothing like the sun to buoy up the spirits. I must get lunch and get exercising my muscles. But I wanted to post this Scripture first:

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose…. If God is for us, who can be against us?....Christ Jesus, who died – more than that, who was raised to life – is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger of sword?....No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any power, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Rom 8).

I am more than a conqueror – more than a survivor. He loves me. This morning I read "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love" (John 15:9). That spoke so loudly to my heart that I began to weep. He loves me. He is here with me, even if it seems that He has left and His purpose for me is gone. In all things God works for my good – ALL things. Say, "ALL," Deb. I have a teaching I call "ALL" and a skit to go along with it. Some of you may have seen it. I need to practice what I preach now.

The doorbell just rang – it was Janette, with a labour of love she's been working on – multicoloured socks. I know how LONG it takes to knit these – Wow. I tried a few years ago, but gave up they were so difficult. Thanks, J – she's been staying up late at night trying to get them done before spring arrives. You never know what is going to come your way to bless you – every day. This afternoon I hope to exercise and watch a movie with Max.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I was closer ... just to pop in ... but I enjoy our talks on the phone. Even though your brain is a little "foggy" these days, you still have good advice. Remember, God is there in the "fog" too! I love you, dear sister.

Fitness Lady

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, may all your wishes come true!