Wednesday 25 February 2009

"We will wrestle our crowns from the giants we conquer" (Streams in the Desert). I'm trying to conquer this giant, and it's a huge giant these past few days. Yes, I'm in the downward stretch now for chemo – halfway there. I need to keep pressing on. It's been a hard go this past week, not sure why, it just is. Yesterday, Mom came up and cleaned my house and then we went walking at Willie's. Doug read to me last evening and I fell asleep for a couple of hours. Woke up and watched a show, then to bed for the night.

Got up early today, word puzzles, devotions, and a bit of exercise. Since it was so nice, I thought I would try Odell again, but I, but found it too difficult and only walked on the level parts. Don't have much energy this week. Went to Mom's for lunch and slept on her couch for a couple of hours. I thought I could attempt watercolour painting again, but alas, my brain just isn't there. Maybe tomorrow. We went for a walk around the block instead. I have a hard time putting in the days. Next week will be better. It's hard to focus, for sure. Now I'm making Doug supper with donated foodstuffs from Mom and Els. Perhaps he'll read to me again this evening.

C. sent me the quote in a card today. The card said, "Hang in there." I'm trying, and I will. Blessings….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could be there for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers today as you have been everyday for this past few months. Love you sis!

South Shore Sister