Friday 20 February 2009

Just got home after a long day. Went to the church this morning for prayer by the pastor and elders. I was so blessed and encouraged by their prayers. Thank you for encouraging me in this way. To the hospital for blood work, and then we met with Dr. Broad (my family doctor in oncology) for my pre-chemo check-up. After several minutes of discussing my list of 'complaints,' she looked up the results of the blood tests. The white cell count was only .84, even lower than last month's .94 on the Friday before chemo. The minimum required is 1.5. She said we would need to delay treatment for a week, and they would have to give me an injection that would make my white cells replenish faster. This injection is very expensive, and hopefully our coverage would pay for a portion of it. However, she said she would check with Dr. Raza and get back to us to see what he wanted to do..

Doug went back to work and I went to Willie Wonka's to walk and listen to a sermon about Esther and the higher plan of God. A plan that we can't see. I feel that my faith is being tested – do I believe that God is in control? Our faith is tested to see if it is pure, as I said the other day. I have to believe that if I can't start on Monday that God is in control. But I have faith that God can make my white cells produce, and I believe in prayer.

Dr. Broad called Doug a bit later and told him that Dr. Raza said for me to come in at 8:00 on Monday morning and get another blood test. Just like last time. It needs to come up to 1.5, just like last time. So, I send out the request for prayer again – God is able to do immeasurably MORE than all we ask OR imagine. White cells – produce!

I need to stay positive and keep my mind occupied. I need to do normal things. I am in such a waiting game, that sometimes it drives me crazy. Stir crazy. But I must be patient and trust in God – He knows the way I take. I must not be discouraged, but encouraged that your prayers are holding me up. I must continue on, even though I have a list of 'complaints.' God knows. He knows everything.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Yes, Esther...Purim is coming soon Deb! This coming week.ma