Sunday 30 January 2011

Around the world in 13 hours

Left the house this morning at 8:30. 50 minutes to Southampton Church, just past Nackawic. Flew in, played the guitar, sang, preached to the wonderful people there. Doug and I hopped in our trusty buggy and traversed over hill and dale to Temperance Vale Church. Flew in, got out the guitar again, sang in the choir with them (Max was there, too), gave a message again to the good people at that church. Had a few laughs (well, many laughs) and used some props I had with me.

Handshakes and hugs and we were out the door at 12:15, over to Nackawic once more, and down the highway again to the Acorn Restaurant to gas up and get some snacks to eat on our trip south. I had a nap as we traveled past Fredericton and down to Sussex, then to Penobsquis where Doug checked out a bobcat machine for another Doug in Grand Manan. Up the road again to Sussex, across country to the little village of Norton, where Doug called Morton and asked Doug to call him (Doug). A little play on words there.

Arrived at Wayne and Angie's where their posse of children were waiting, along with Jamie and Kelly and their children. I was greeted at eye level by a dachshund who decided to fly at me from the couch. Quite a surprise, I must say. What is it with me and animals of late? Two Thursday nights ago, we had Bible study here at the Soul Cafe, and a shaved tabby cat with hip dysplasia showed up in the middle of the meeting and explored our house. That was a bit of a strange meeting, to say the least.

We debated and discussed various things, midst the playfulness of 8 children and a dachshund. Good thing we are grandparents and used to noise. I decided to call our gathering "The Great Debate/Change Me on the Inside" meeting (just because I like to name everything). We had great discussion as well as eating a meal of brined turkey and fixin's. I must say, I've never had brined turkey before, but it sure was yummy. Thanks, Kelly. And Angie, for preparing the meal.

About 7:30 we said good-bye and took off for home. I had another sleep. At home after 9, tried to watch the Pro Bowl on TV but went to sleep. So I guess I'll go to bed now and hope I can sleep.

Quite a full day, don't you think? I'm glad I had yesterday to rest.

No comments: