Wednesday 19 January 2011

A snow day today -- school cancelled in the capital region, yet most of my students showed up today. Wednesday is a long day of teaching. I have so many students now that I feel like the old woman in the shoe -- I don't know what to do with them all! Well, actually, I do find a way to teach piano, switch to guitar, switch to piano, then perhaps voice, maybe a little drums thrown in. Sometimes I get up from one student and yell out, "Next!" as if I was a doctor calling out to the patients in the waiting room. The kids laugh and I love to tease them. I love using whatever is at hand to make them laugh, too -- stuffed animals, tiny ornaments, pink flamingoes and the like. Gotta keep it fresh for these precious children.

I'm fighting a cold, so have loaded up on the green tea and lemon and honey today. Tonight made a concoction of hot water, lemon juice, honey, cinnamon and pepper -- drank two mugs full. Seemed to help.

Just finished watching the new season of American Idol. Wow. Lot of talent in the world. The show is interesting to watch, but you see many young people having their dreams squashed to be a singer. I wonder if they still sing after being rejected by the judges. Just a thought. I don't know if I would. I made Doug sing for me tonight just to see if he would make it on American Idol. He's so cute and appeased me and sang "I did it my way." What a man. I wouldn't make it on American Idol, either.

Must go eat something or drink more hot liquid and put ice on my wrist. Oh, to be young again!

No comments: