Wednesday 12 January 2011

Condolences go out to my uncle and aunt, Earl and Vivian Wallace, on the sudden death of Earl's mother, Reta Wallace of Carlisle (outside Cloverdale). Reta was born in 1914 and was the wife of Ted Wallace. She had a long and vibrant life, and her family and friends will miss her very much. I remember when Reta was a teacher when I was in Grade 3, and she analyzed one of my scrapbooks or workbooks for one of the courses I was taking. I remember Reta and Ted and their camp in Cloverdale, and how we loved to go there when we were kids. Uncle Earl and Aunt Viv live on that land now.

I remember Reta as a quiet yet witty woman. She always had a smile. I think Reta had 10 grandchildren, 17 great grandchildren and 11 great-great grandchildren. Wow. What a legacy. Her life goes on...

Our prayers for comfort go out to Dusty (my cousin Greg), Brent (my cousin), Aunt Viv (Pippin), and Uncle Earl, the grandchildren, and the extended family.

The world was a better place because you were here, Reta. Enjoy heaven. Say hi to Ted.

Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints (Psalm 116:15)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for your loss. :( Sounds like she was a wonderful godly lady.

Krista