Wednesday 5 January 2011

Slept Like a Baby

I awoke this morning at 9:30, not knowing who I was or where I was. The drug for the 'hives' is quite a sleep agent! I jumped out of bed and wondered what I should do next. I tried to do my radio show, but realized I got up too late. Had an interview for the newspaper instead. Gloria interviewed me at the station, and Ross took my pic in front of the mic. The article will be in the Daily Gleaner in a couple of weeks.

After the interview, I drove my car (somewhat gently, considering my sore hand) to Marks' Work Wearhouse and bought a pair of jeans. Oh, I'll be glad when I lose a few pounds! Menopause, honestly. To the Superstore to try and not buy too many groceries, since my resolution is to get what I need and not what I think I MIGHT need. A party tonight with girls from Sisters' Act, as we practice for the upcoming womens' retreat at Greenhill Lake (Feb. 4th weekend). All women welcome!

Must go change into my cleaning and cooking clothes and spiff up the house. And put a steri-strip on my naked healing hand.

PS: Last night on the news, they reported that it's important that we get sleep -- that it helps with keeping the weight off. Perhaps this 'hive drug' is a blessing in disguise? Although I think Granny used to say, "Don't sleep your life away" when I was a teenager.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sleep? What's sleep? Glad you are getting some, though.
Considered going to the retreat again this year, but decided against it as Caleb will still be nursing (and sleeps better in his own room) and I am going to a Steven Curtis Chapman concert in March. :)
Give my love to Dawn Marie. I really miss her, and you!

Krista

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie
You may or may not remember me. I am the lady you met at the hospital exactly 2 years ago this month. (re your blog dated Jan 5,2009) I kept your note and put it in my log/diary. I just wanted to check in and see how you were doing and to tell you my story. I lost my wonderful husband just 6 short months after we met in the waiting room that day....but there is more to the story.
The other Debbie