Sunday 9 January 2011

Grand Manan

Just got home from a weekend trip to Grand Manan. Went over on Friday afternoon, on the high seas. Me and Doris took gravols, laid down and slept the trip. Pretty tipsy trip, I must say. A bit of a NorEaster a'brewin.'

Saturday we attended Q's firstborn son's wedding, which was truly a 'show-stopper.' Caleb and Sable Benson are now married and on their way to Australia for a month's honeymoon. Bon Voyage, and another wedding in the Benson family in less than six months (Casey & Winter were married in August).

We stayed at Ron & Joyce Benson's home and traveled around visiting a few friends as well, drinking coffee and eating lots of sweets. Nice to get away and be on the island for awhile. Today's trip home wasn't near as rough, but I still had a beautiful sleep on the boat. Now I'm ready to make dinner or something, and hopefully not stay up all night. Tomorrow I go to work. Has it really been two weeks off? Doesn't seem like it but yet it does. Children start arriving to be taught tomorrow afternoon. Radio show fired up in the morning, and a session with my personal trainer to get started on my resolution to lose 20 lbs. Perhaps I could be accountable to all my buddies here on the blog. Not going to tell you my weight, though, but WILL tell you what I'm doing and eating perhaps. I'm ready and willing -- now will the body cooperate? Yes it will!

No comments: