Wednesday 9 March 2011

What a Day

A day of gatherings. At noon, Natalie's RCMP wives club and a myriad of babies. Five women, five babies, two toddlers, me and Papa. Minestrone soup and cheese biscuits, chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. It was good to meet these beautiful RCMP wife friends and see all their beautiful babies. And a Maritimer to boot. I disappeared after lunch, to the gym. Too much baby talk for me. LOL. A respite at the gym, biking on "Expresso.net." I have almost biked a marathon since I've been here -- 26 miles. I will achieve it before I leave. A work-out on the weight machines and free weights and a few abs. Yuck. I hate doing abs, does anybody out there like them? Met Rhonda, another RCMP wife who was doing a work-out. She told me she had run the Run for the Cure Northern Division in October 2009 in my behalf. I hugged her, told her how much I appreciate it. It amazes me that all the people that Natalie knows here were so supportive of me, and still are.

To Extra Foods for more food. Home to eat some Greek-style yogurt, my new favorite thing (packed with protein). Then to make supper. I spend most of my time in the kitchen. I asked Nat if she'd give me a good reference should I wish to apply to work at a camp. She said yes. We invited Darlene to supper. I whipped up meatloaf, baked potatoes, spinach salad with sauteed goat cheese patties(yes, again), steamed broccoli, and warmed up stuffed sweet potatoes.

After 7, some more friends came over. They are my friends, too. Debbie, Nicole and Darlene. And Debbie's kids, Timmy, Caleb and Nathan, who Aiden absolutely adores. The played in the living room while Papa watched (and no doubt watched his beloved Discovery Channel). He worked on hardwood stairs all day long, and I'm sure he's exhausted.

I whipped up a whipped cream/cream cheese mixture, strawberries, almonds, chocolate and cookies for the girls to make their own strawberry somethings. Washed it all down with tea. We had tea and chat. Soul Cafe Northern Division. I love these women. They are wonderful and such an inspiration to me. They have a gentleness and godliness to them that is touching. They take care of Natalie, and she loves them dearly. I will miss you guys. Take care and I'll be blogging at ya. See you when we come again.

We are tired. Natalie is making up her bed in the living room. I think I'll have another cup of tea. American Idol singers are singing. Three more days til we leave on a jet plane.

No comments: