Wednesday 2 March 2011

My Day So Far

It's almost noon here in The Pas. Temperature this morning was minus 28, with windchill -- minus 39! Very cold this week.

This morning when I got up I made oatmeal muffins, Nat and I played an anemic game of Scrabble, which is still sitting on the table, unfinished. I just finished making banana muffins and am trying to plan supper, thus the sweet potato recipe I just posted. Also going to have spinach salad with goat cheese, a favorite of ours. That is, if I can speak to the Southshore Sister's and get her recipe. Can't seem to find it here in the recipe centre. This time difference makes it hard to contact people out east, I must say. When I get up in the morning, they're at work. When I'm ready to call in the evening, they're in bed.

Feeding Sarah her bottle right now, while Aiden watches Toopy and Binoo on TV. He loves Toopy and Binoo. Aiden loves technology and can play "Lickety Letter Bingo" with Alpha Pig on my computer all by himself. He is amazing on technology. Also uses my IPod and types. I think he may be a computer programmer when he grows up.

Sarah is lying contentedly on the floor awaiting the rest of her feed. Doug is downstairs sheetrocking or something, or "mudding," as they call it up north. Josh went to work for the day. Natalie went to lunch with her RCMP wife friends. I am now going to prepare lunch. I am a house mother. Or should I say, house grandmother? A young grandmother, I keep reminding myself.

No comments: