Tuesday 1 March 2011

Napping and Sleeping

Today's problem is that Sarah won't wake up! I spent all last evening trying to get that little girl to sleep while Josh & Natalie were out on date night, and FINALLY, at almost 9 pm, she fell asleep. Today she has slept most of the day and we see a pattern developing -- awake one day, asleep the next. Interesting.

We went out to lunch today at Debbie's, out in Carrot Valley (I love saying Carrot Valley). It's the prairie part of Manitoba, very cold and windy. Today's windchill is 39 below. No walking in the park for us. Debbie had lasagna and veggie tray, and Darlene made cheesecake. I had a tuna sandwich I brought with me and munched on veggies. It was a going away party for Elissa, whose RCMP husband is being transferred to the south (southern Manitoba, that is).

The men were working in the basement, and the washer flooded a bit, so they called in the city guys who found a blockage out on the road. It will be nice for them to finally have all the water problems fixed here.

I went to the gym this afternoon and worked out. I have biked about 20 miles since I got here, using these "Expresso bikes" which have a screen attached that you do 'virtual bike' tours and try and beat people. It's a real workout and very exciting. The website keeps track of your progress and you can actually compete against other people. I'm hoping that by the time I leave, I'll have biked a marathon or two. Today also included a workout on my lower body, as well as medicine ball for the 'obliques.' Right about now, my body feels like it NEEDS medicine.

Doug and I have a date night tonight -- dinner and a movie. I guess we'll have to let Josh and Natalie take care of the kids this evening, but we'll be home just after 9.

No comments: