Saturday 13 June 2009

Back to Canada

I loved Europe so much I didn't want to leave this morning. So Scottie and I took a sightseeing tour of a 'darling' island and a peninsula called Kingston, where we went down some dirt roads along the shore. We stopped at a local market where I bought gourmet pumpkin seeds. Then we made our way to Summerville, where we boarded the Peninsula Princess and found our way back to the city centre. We had lunch at a local hot spot, "Reggie's," where I didn't see Archie, Betty, Veronica or Jughead. Back to the RV to set up the lawnchairs and relax for a couple of hours. Then a walk around Lily Lake again. I really didn't want to leave! The park, even though quite plain where we were set up, seemed like home to me. Home is everywhere we are -- that's what we've determined. We wanted to say good-bye to Roger and Mary, but they had gone out on their motorcycle. (By the way, the petition for Doug allowing me to ride a motorcycle again is tied). However, on the way out of the park, we saw them coming in. We made some new friends. We have each other's email and phone numbers, so hopefully we'll stay in touch.

We arrived home at 6:30 this evening. I started the laundry. Good thing I did come home -- Doug ran out of work clothes and other unmentionables. He doesn't know how to cook or do laundry, but everything else (I secretly think he 'chooses' not to learn these two essentials of living). We pulled the RV right up to the verandah, so that I wouldn't have to unpack it. Now I'm going to live in both houses for a couple of days. I made supper in the RV, and then we had a little snooze on the couch. I think I want to sleep in the RV tonight. I really don't want to come home!

Doug gave me my first haircut a few minutes ago -- with the same electric razor he used when my hair fell out. He just tidied it up a bit so it was more 'uniform.' That's a good word -- it looks like hair that belongs with an army uniform. Oh well, soon and very soon, I'll have a full head. Not to worry. "Don't worry about tomorrow.... or about the hairs on your head...." Right?

Tomorrow morning I will lead the worship team at church. In the evening the church is having a benefit concert for us -- a gospel bluegrass concert. Should be a great time and we are looking forward to hearing everyone sing. I will also sing a couple of songs -- I always like to sing -- wherever, whenever. I need to always keep singing -- through it all.

Next week -- to Europe again for three more days, and three more treatments. What will I feel like on Wednesday, when I'm all done radiation? Lost? Elated? I'll let you know.

1 comment:

Pippin said...

Hi, Deb, you sure do have adventures- see you soon. Pippin