Thursday 25 June 2009

I'm Still Here

You probably think I've disappeared for a few days, and I guess I have been in rest mode at the campground. The internet at the campground was not good and I could only post on my blog on Monday. I tried several times to get on line, but alas, no such luck. I am back home now.

The past three days were wonderful days of rest, as well as visits by friends. We actually camped next to Susan B. from Perth-Andover and her daughter E., her delightful 3 year old, whom I fell in love with. Susan and I went for a walk yesterday, and I pulled E's brand new Radio Flyer wagon. Brenda knows Susan very well, and it was good to spend some time getting to know one another.

We pulled stakes at 4 o'clock, and they watched us pull out of the campground. Off to Camp Shiktehawk in Bristol, where we met Jon and Alicia and the kids. We parked the truck by a rushing stream, and will return there tomorrow night for the weekend. It's Family Camp weekend, and Jon's family will tent beside us. Should be a good time.

Most of the day today was spent inside the house, with many women in attendance. Women who came to talk, visit and pray together. It was wonderful. We went to Max & Dale's for supper. While she prepared it, I rested on her couch. It seems that everywhere I go I have a rest on different couches. It's wonderful to have friends you can rest with, isn't it? Max made a beautiful salad with lettuce from her father's amazing garden. It was truly a salad to behold. "Look at this, Deb!" "Yes, yes, it's wonderful, Max." She traipsed across the floor to set it on the table, and it slid out of her hand, and tumbled out, spinning out of control, until this oil and vinegar lettuce tomato almond concoction went all over the chair, the floor and the wall. We laughed hilariously. I ran for spatulas to clean it up while Max collapsed on the floor. I ate some off the floor because she said she just had her floors cleaned. The men were outside and heard the commotion but didn't bother to come in and see what went wrong and why we were laughing. Men. Not curious at all, are they?

It was a terrific meal. We went outside on the deck and Max decided she needed to do my eyes, so she brought out her eye make-up and gave me an extreme eye makeover. On the deck, with the sun streaming down, she created her artistry on me. I looked at Doug once mid-eye creation, and he said I looked like a one-eyed raccoon. Men. No style, no fashion. Max thought I looked beautiful. I said she was bored and needed a hobby. I could be her hobby for tonight, I guess.

Time to do the dishes, so I put on a Christmas apron and we went to work, doing women's work. Men. Still sitting on the deck talking men stuff, while we're doing what we love to do.

We decided we'd created enough havoc there, so Doug and I went for a walk on the train bridge and met several people to talk to. I thought perhaps we should set up a booth there. It was a gorgeous evening.

Please pray for Carol Joy Howell, who is in hospital with cancer. We met her husband on the bridge tonight. Pray for complete healing.

Pray for me as I go to the gynecologist in the morning to discuss further surgery. For wisdom for him, and for us as we make yet another decision on whether to have more surgery.

God is in control of my life, and I must continue to trust in His care and His sovereignty over my life. I'm so glad that I have God on my side.

No comments: