Sunday 28 June 2009

Family Camp

Well, we just finished a family camp weekend at Camp Shiktehawk in Bristol, if you know where that is. Let's just say it's north of Fredericton, in the woods, complete with an ample amount of black flies. A spray bottle with Listerine and water worked wonders to keep us from being eaten alive (this was a tip from the Pirate). I think I prefer the RV to be by the ocean with lots of wind -- St. Martins, here we come (in a couple of weeks).

Jon and Alicia, Afton, Jack and Ivy camped out in tents beside us. It absolutely poured all weekend. On Friday evening, while we were in the chapel listening to a man speak, a clap of thunder boomed that literally bounced us out of our seats. It was certainly a wet weekend -- is the sun ever going to come out? Maybe tomorrow?

To update you on Friday's visit to the doctor: I had a blood test for hormone levels, and will call the doctor next week to see if I will undergo oophrectomy or not. I never thought I would ever want to be menopausal in my life, but now I DESIRE to be menopausal. it would be one less surgery to go through. If I need surgery, however, it won't be until fall.

Today is Jack's 3rd birthday, and we are now at Jon's house. Alicia just finished creating a truck cake for Jack, considering that's all he lives for: tractors, trucks and machines. His whole life revolves around and is focused on machines. I wish I could focus on one thing only -- I guess I would pick LIFE to focus on. Happy Birthday, Jack.

Afton just ran by the bedroom where I'm using the computer. She backtracked and pointed me out to her cousin. "Do you know who that is? That's Gram Deb--she has no hair!!! It's going to be black and white!" She yelled something about 'fuzzy wuzzy' and off they went to play dolls or something. Earlier this afternoon she ran a little plastic doll through my hair. My head feels like a fuzzy peach right now.

Well, I must go join the party for awhile, then we're headed to Greenhill Lake Camp for a couple of days to park the RV, then on to Shelburne on Wednesday to visit Brenda and family. I'll talk to you then and tell you of my southshore adventures with the "Southshore Sis."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mama,
I keep trying to call Dad's cell phone but the lady keeps telling me he's out of the service area. Maybe you could try calling me??

Love you,
Nat