Monday 15 June 2009

Benefit Concert and Back to Radiation Treatments

Sunday night there was a fantastic benefit concert held on our behalf at our church. I was so blessed to hear the performers. I even got to sing a couple of songs myself. I thank Jackie for her efforts in organizing it, and all those who made it possible. We are truly blessed, and I felt so honoured. People have been so generous to us in more ways than one.

After spending a couple of days home, I returned to Europe for radiation treatment #14. Janet White #1 picked me up at noon, with fresh blueberries, strawberries and cherries in tow for me to chow down on. I'm eating so healthy now (not that I didn't before, but now I'm more conscious of it. We met Nurse Cherry at the hospital and then Janet took us out to eat in an Italian restaurant. Good-bye to Janet and thanks for the memories of the day, then Cherry and I were off to Scotland again. Katie and I went for a walk and a run (she ran, I walked). After supper, we did Act II of Hamlet. Man, is it hard to understand, but I'm plowing through. Katie is a good teacher. I don't think we're going to make it through to the end by Wednesday, however. Becky, perhaps you'll have to help me finish the Hamlet race back home.

The three of us then went to a beach in Italy Point and watched the ferry cross back and forth the bay. It's late, and I've been up since 6:30 this morning. I need some serious sleep. Tomorrow Nurse Cherry and I are going somewhere, exploring yet another place in this mysterious land. My treatment is at 10:30 in the morning, and a meeting with the doctor.

Thanks again to everyone who came to the benefit concerts. We so appreciate you all.

No comments: