Friday 12 June 2009

Friday the 13th

Friday the 13th – No, not the date but the number of radiation treatments I have under my belt, or should I say my chest? Brenda left at 11:00 to take the ferry across the ocean to her isolated town. Then the rains came down. And they came down hard all afternoon. I laid down on the couch about 12:30 and stayed there the entire afternoon. I don’t think I’ve stayed that long in a prostrate position even during chemo. I slept some, read a bit and tried to watch an episode of King of Queens. Doug arrived before 5 pm. We went out in my cappuccino-coloured car to a restaurant in Italy, where I had a Greek salad with a Scottish man. He had chicken fettucine. Then we went to a Greek movie, and out to the queen’s palace for ice cream. Now we’re back and I don’t know where he is. He went out to turn on the radiant floor heat. I went outside in my pajama pants to see if I could see him talking up a storm with another RVer, but alas, I cannot distinguish him from others in the crowd. Perhaps I should get out my megaphone and call his name: “Douglas, Douglas, come see your beautiful bonny girl!” In a Scottish accent, of course.

Oh, he came back – he was talking to Roger and Mary next door. He discovered that Mary’s last name is the same as his. No doubt she’s his cousin—everyone else is.

No comments: