Monday 22 June 2009

Traveling Again

Am I still in Europe? It looks and feels like England, with all the rain we’re having. Yet isn’t everything beautiful? The rains came down and the flowers came out. New life in nature. And new life in me. The future to look forward to. I must keep reminding myself of that. And the sun just may come out tomorrow.
Sunday evening, we took off in the RV – I just needed to get away from the house – to get some rest, believe it or not. When a woman is home, she feels the need to work. Well, at least I do. I was able to vacuum my house for the first time in eight months and do other general house duties, plant flowers, and generally tire myself out. So, last evening Doug powered up the big rig unit and off we went – to spend the night in the Rehab parking lot (where he works). I call it ‘rehab’ at the Rehab. After a long walk, we went to the theatre to see The Proposal, starring Sandra Bullock, which was hilarious. It was good to laugh and feel normal for awhile. I’m still struggling with having a ‘normal’ life. But what IS normal, anyway?
It was a great night of sleep, the wind howling on the top of the hill, swaying the RV like a ferry on its way to Grand Manan. And I’m used to that. This morning, Doug brought me breakfast and then I read for a long time. I read about ‘resting.’ Imagine. I have to read about resting in order to get my mind trained to rest. I realized how MANY times God has called me to rest in the past 20 years, and this is another time. I really have to work hard at resting right now, and the RV is just the place, I believe. I went for a walk down towards the university this morning for a few minutes, taking time to smell the wild roses, daisies and clover. I picked a rose and put it in my pocket for future reference.
At noon, Doug drove the RV to Hartt Island Campground, where I will be until Wednesday. We have a beautiful site looking out over the Saint John River. The rain is falling gently outside. After eating my fruit salad and drinking peppermint tea, I just may go for an English walk down the Canada trail.

No comments: