Monday 8 June 2009

Home on the Range -- in Europe

Here we are back in Europe -- the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants -- Brenda and I are getting ready to travel the roads this week. Doug left us here in Rockwood Park last evening, after giving us a guided tour of the intracacies of the RV. Doug found out that the man in the RV next door is someone he knows, and they had a great chat catching up. And another neighbour has already made his help known to us, so we'll be OK here alone. It's the first time I've stayed in the RV without the master of the ship. Two women alone on the range, so to speak. It's our first vacation together alone; that's hard to believe. I've been married 31 years, Brenda 23 years yesterday.

We're getting ready this morning to go to radiation #9, then we'll saddle up Brenda's old grey mare, and head out to the hill country and see where we'll end up. I'll just let her lead, and see where her instincts take her. Should be great amusement for me, considering I now know Europe fairly well. It's the nomadic spirit in me -- to go where no woman has gone before.

A bonus -- the trailer park has a wireless network, so I'm sitting at my table in the RV penning these words on a beautiful European morning.

Here we go -- another week away, another week of treatments. I thank God for my healing, and for the strength He is providing.

Wish you were here with us, my dear daughter, Natalie. You're my sister and my daughter...Talk to you soon.

We remain,

Deb & Bren, the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know your dad was having memory issues. Darn!

Anonymous said...

sorry, forgot to sign my name in the first comment
Penny Bubar