Monday 9 November 2009

Anniversary

Sunday was a busy day. Lead the band in the morning service, then preached "Consider it All Joy." After church, Doug and I went for a drive in the country, and came home to find Jon & Alicia, Afton, Jack & Ivy at our house. We decided to go out to Wendy's, so down to Wendy's for lunch. In the middle of the lunch, I started having an allergic reaction again, so Doug & I left and drove home so I could pop a pill. It settled it down quickly, but I remained very hot for about an hour. Jon & Alicia stayed til 5ish, and then we got ready for the evening event. Down to NBC, where I sang a few songs, and spoke on "More Than a Survivor." Max had planned the event -- "Come as You Are" event we call it, and it's simply that: come as you are. I shed many tears as I shared my past year, and I hope people were encouraged in the Lord (as I was). There were 47 women there!

Monday found me scurrying around, even though I wanted to take the day off. Banking, Walmart, CJRI radio station, where I got seconded for computer work, groceries, teaching, and visiting Doug's folks.

Now we're going to work on the computer and record some 'stuff, using this new microphone I have here.

My radio spots are now on the radio -- today was the first day. They aired between 7:45 and 8 A.M., and between 6:30-7 pm. Ross told me they were excellent. What a compliment, coming from him. He's been 'on the air' since I was a little girl. And now I'm a bit of an old girl, and I'm on the air. Wow. You never know, do you?

Today is Jed & Granny's 52nd anniversary! If you get a chance, wish them happy anniversary, will you?

Today is also Doris & Laurie's 35th wedding anniversary. Please give them best wishes!

And today is our anniversary -- not our wedding anniversary, but the anniversary date of our first kiss and our engagement. Doug just gave me an anniversary kiss to celebrate.

Well, I must go record some 'stuff' with Doug on the computer with this fancy microphone. Our house looks like a music studio.

Tomorrow is the first anniversary of my diagnosis. Nov. 10, 2008 was when I found out that I had breast cancer. I want it to be just an ordinary day, and I hope to make it just that. Actually, I think I'll make it MORE THAN ORDINARY.

Appreciate your prayers -- tomorrow I also go for my blood test. Pray that my white blood cell count is normal.

And lastly, tomorrow Doug takes off for Grand Manan to work with Q's husband. It is the first day of lobster season. I find it strange that he's leaving me on the anniversary -- but, I want it to be just an ordinary day. I will miss him -- not used to being alone much this past year. I am now a ONE YEAR SURVIVOR, as they say. Strange to be saying that, too.

Would appreciate your prayers and thoughts as I go through tomorrow. Love to all, and to all a good night.

!Deb, One Year Survivor and MORE YEARS TO COME

No comments: