Wednesday 4 November 2009

A Real Life Fairytale

This poem is from one of my younger friends, Megan. I love her writing and asked her if I could share it with you. It's awesome! Enjoy! I love it.....


Humpty Dumpty fell off the wall
How to put him together again
None of the Kingsmen knew
He didn’t have you to see him through
All of life’s ups and downs
Like a carousel - round and round

Just like this famous fairy tale
Life comes with no guarantees
Still we know you are there
Just like the wind is through the trees
Your warmth shines
Like golden rays of sun
And I am thankful to call you mine

If we listen to our heart
We can feel you there
Amongst the dark
Like a lighthouse in the distance
To go on living you give us persistence

You promise to catch us
Whenever we happen to fall
There is no obstacle to big or to small
Everything lies within your hands
Even when we do not understand

You are the maker of my mold
And my hand you will continuously hold
This I now realize for myself
It is much more then simply being told

We are the jigsaw puzzle
You see the bigger picture
Things will not always make sense
And figuring it out, though I try
Results in feeling trapped,
Captivated am I
So I begin to cry
But you are always there
To dry my eyes

If we look ahead
The road soon comes to a bend
Avoiding glancing only
In the rearview mirror
Things become much clearer
And with a new perspective
To figure things out
We joyously begin
To sing, dance and shout

Your word you
Continue to reveal
I can feel you here
And know that you are real
I pray you would live
Within my heart
Be the light in the darkness

And as I continue to get to know
Your love, your all in all, your will
Portray your love through me
Let me be a candle to the rest of the world
Always shining bright
With little to no feelings of fright
For trusting you is something
I am convinced I CAN do
I Love You!

Real Life Fairytale
By: Megan Flower
September 20, 2009

No comments: