Thursday 26 November 2009

Wednesday was full of music teaching, and all evening, I practiced music for an event I'm playing at. My fingers were so sore by the time I went to bed (I played the guitar). Today is Thursday, November 26. I'm speaking and singing at Smythe Street Cathedral Bible Study on "Waiting and Longing." A luncheon meeting with one of the Bobbsey Twins, and then to the radio station I go for the afternoon. Tonight I hope to practice music again. This weekend is full of activity - a conference on church growth, a band practice Saturday night, and one or two concerts on Sunday that I may perform at. I take one day at a time, and it all gets done. Jesus said not to worry about tomorrow, right? Right.

I've been thinking about this: that you're never too old to learn something new. I have six adult women learning piano and five adult women learning guitar. I am an adult woman learning the 'ropes' of a radio station, and how to be a radio host. So, if you're thinking about doing something NEW, but feel you're too old (smile), do it anyway. You can do it!

You know, the anniversary of my mastectomy surgery is coming up on Saturday. Hard to believe it's been one year. It feels like such a long time ago, though, at the same time. Hard to believe that now I am doing all these new and exciting things in my life. I thank God every day for life and the opportunities He has opened up for me.

Blessings to all this day...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would love to learn piano, wanna drive out to Harvey? ;)
Seriously, I do know a tiny bit, the basics, but regret not learning more. Not quite sure how that would be possible right now, though, in terms of travel, childcare, and price. :(

Krista