Wednesday 11 November 2009

Last year on November 10th, I was wondering how I was going to hang on to my life. This November 10th (yesterday) was filled with music activity from morning til night:

- Playing with recording software, in preparation for this weeks' segments (my music);
- A blood test at the hospital (not too musical);
- A half hour on the bike at the gym (watched TV, music on that);
- To the radio station twice for sound checks and work on current hits on the database (southern gospel music);
- Teaching 'classical' piano to students;
- Fredericton Ladies' Choir to sing for two solid hours. By the end of it, I sounded like Marge Simpson (Christmas music);
- I ended up at band practice in a darkened room with a stage at Musicplex practicing for a Christmas party for Doug's work.  I felt like a rock diva, and sang backup for one of the girls, play an 'egg,' as well as crooned a rendition of 'I Will Sail My Vessel' by Garth Brooks on my guitar. I wanted to laugh out loud as I stood there singin' harmony and rockin' to the loud music in this random room I found myself in from 9-10 pm with people I didn't know. I realized that when I was sixteen, driving around in my father's car singing to the 'hits' on the radio, that my dream of singing harmony/back-up had been fulfilled, and I smiled -- 'Cool.'  

Then I came home and worked on yet more music on the computer. A musical filled day -- that's me. One of my students, Lianne, whom I still teach, said to me, "You are MUSIC, Mrs. Mac." Yes, I think I am.

A lot different day than this day last year, I'll tell you. Praise God. I made it through the day. And Doug is in Grand Manan.

Thanks to Carolyn, our webmaster/partner for putting the radio spots on the website for you to listen to if you are unable to catch them live.... (debmacministries.com). And thanks to Nurse Cherry, Dancer Laurie and Doris for feeding me ideas and writings for me to incorporate into the 'mini-shows.' I'm reminded of the 'Bugs Bunny Show' that I LOVED to watch when I was young. Remember how Bugs always said, "Now..stay tuned for the show...." Cool, eh? Stay tuned, stay in tune....

Have a great day!

No comments: